Friday, September 10, 2010

The Bar Song

(Lyrics: Sam Sinister and E.S. Casket)


Livin' life on a dead-end street
Havin' a beer 'cause my soul's been beat
Take it down by the 40 oz.
Fuck the world, what does it mean
It means I'm fucked, from what I've seen
Poor is what they want us to be
So raise your glass to poverty
Let's have a toast to you and me

Beat down by society
I see how they look at me
Fuck them, and what they see
They don't know shit about me
I work every day just to survive
Some days it feels like I'm killin' time
So I'll drink until the end of me
The booze and the music will set me free

Same old shit no matter what they say, so I say "farewell" to another day
Gimme the booze, I got nothin' to lose
I choose to drink my blues away
Got your problems, and I got mine
Leave 'em at home and let's have a good time
If only temporarily, the booze and the music will set us free

No comments:

Post a Comment